VPAA Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
Thank you for following the procedures listed below to ensure the safety for all students.
Times of Operation:
The drop-off/pick-up areas on both sides of the campus will be open each morning from 7:25-7:50 and each afternoon from 2:15-2:40.
- Students who are dropped off before 7:25 a.m. will not be supervised by VPAA faculty and staff unless the student is K-5 and enrolled in the morning Growing With Pride Program.
- Please note, per Policy 4.16 (3)(e)(1), no students shall be released within the final thirty minutes
(1:40-2:10) of the school day unless the principal/designee determines it is an emergency.
- Students who are not picked up from school by 2:40 will be sent to our afterschool care program and a fee will be incurred.
PreK-3rd grade students AND families that have students in BOTH PreK-3rd and 4th-8th:
- The parent drop-off/pick-up line for ESE, PreK-3rd grade students, and families that have students in both ESE, PreK-3rd, and 4th-8th must be accessed via Arthur Ave. off of Homestead Road.
- To ensure student safety, parents are not permitted to walk up and take their child from the student holding area.
- For safety reasons, parents will need a VPAA dashboard card to pick up students in the parent pick-up line. Any parent who does not have the dashboard card will be asked to park and sign their child out in the office. Please clearly display the dashboard card so your child’s name may easily be read by the radio caller.
- Our ESE students are picked up by the bike rack at the orange sign. If a car is parked at the curb next to the orange sign, please drive around it and proceed to the student holding area.
4th-8th grade students:
- The VPAA 4th- 8th grade student drop-off/pick-up line may be accessed using either the school’s main entrance off Homestead Road or by using the entrance to Veterans Park. After entering the Rec. Center parking lot, follow the arrows indicating the flow of traffic around the parking lot until you reach the drop-off/pick-up area. When leaving, continue to follow the flow of traffic around the parking lot and exit to the LEFT towards the Veterans Park exit onto Homestead Road – this will ease congestion due to bus traffic in the afternoon.
- For safety reasons, parents will need a VPAA dashboard card to pick up students in the parent pick-up line. Any parent who does not have the dashboard card will be asked to park and sign their child out in the office. Please clearly display the dashboard card so your child’s name may easily read by the radio caller.
- Students are not permitted to walk into the parking lot to load into cars.
Walkers/Recreational Center Students:
- Kindergarten-3rd grade students who have been designated as walkers exit through the bike rack gate. To ensure safety, students must stay on the sidewalk that runs between the fences.
- 4th-8th grade walkers may exit campus from either location. Students must use the sidewalk until they reach the park. Students who are enrolled at the Recreational Center will continue to enter the Rec. Center through the back of the gym.